About 70 Days, 70 Weeks of Prayer

Inspired by a friend's interpretation of the above passage in the book of Daniel, I began an exercise in praying for 70 days about loving God properly which developed into a week by week blog of my journey in 70 weeks of prayer to determine what my next phase in life should be: Where I should go, what I should do, who I should be...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Week 5: Memoirs of an August in Love- Reflecting Light

Memoirs of an August in Love: Reflecting Light
I stood in the afternoon light on the edge of a lake, conversing with God. I turned my glance to the western side- the poplar and oak leaves shone the sinking sunlight, which I could not directly see, off of their waxy surfaces- they almost glittered. Realizing I felt His pull from that direction, I questioned myself: "But God is everywhere."
Testing my senses, I turned my glance to the East, God was not radiating from that direction, the trees there were lit by the sun, but I did not see the sunlight in them, it merely alighted them so they were visible.
God was everywhere- all around, he reveals all the world through High light. But he calls to us through those that reflect His light back for others to see- through them we see His likeness, even when He is out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment