About 70 Days, 70 Weeks of Prayer

Inspired by a friend's interpretation of the above passage in the book of Daniel, I began an exercise in praying for 70 days about loving God properly which developed into a week by week blog of my journey in 70 weeks of prayer to determine what my next phase in life should be: Where I should go, what I should do, who I should be...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

More Week 5: Memoirs of an August in Love: Be My Child

Memoirs of an August in Love: Be my Child
It was another season that threatened to distort my temporarily settled, yet peaceful lifestyle. When opportunities and decisions force me to question the direction of my journey, the next few destinations on the itinerary. I could be so many people, do so many things, I could risk being all that I was meant for and it would be oh so tempting. All harsh realities, decisions, responsibilities.
I walked a while with God, I looked out over the water, I looked up through the shading branches, up to the endless sky, and pleaded, "just tell me who you want me to be."
A soft breath of wind of an answer without harsh realities or demands came back- "my child" was all it said. A comforting thought, until I realized all that entailed- the same difficult responsibilities, decisions. This is exactly why this is so difficult, I protested, because I'm yours.
"Be my child" the wind said again, in the way your mother would soothe you to sleep at night- and my worries went to sleep as the logistics no longer mattered, and the simplicity of the notion sunk into my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment